"Middletown for Clean Energy" is a nonpartisan group of Middletown, NJ residents who support a Middletown transition to 100% Clean Energy.
February, 2019 CALENDAR -(ext) "Love Our Earth"
2018: a busy year for ACCOMPLISHMENTS by Middletown for Clean Energy
LETTERS TO MIDDLETOWN LEADERS
- 5/20/2017 letters to Mayor Scharfenberger
- 10/12/2018 letter to Mayor Kevin Settembrino, Ted Maloney, (Chief Engineer), and Tony Mercantante (Township Administrator) background explanation/references
- 12/24/2018 letter to Middletown Committee
- 1/24/2019 invitation and details to Amy Sarrinikolaou and Tony Mercantante to explore "Community Solar" possibilities in Middletown
- 2/13/2019 meeting (3 min video) with Mayor Tony Perry
- 2/14/2019 letter to Tony Perry; attaching 10/12/2018 letter and 12/24/2018 letter
- 2/15/2019 invitation to Fiore/Hibell/Snell
- 2/15/2019 email to OHCA
- 12/22/2018 post to Middletown Facebook Groups
- 12/30/2018 post & post to Indivisible (Bayshore and 4th district) Facebook Groups
UPCOMING EVENTS: (Feb, 2019 calendar)
- Feb 5, 2019 7PM "Middletown for Clean Energy" meeting agenda
- Feb 6, 2019 7PM, Middletown Library; residential energy efficiency presentation by Middletown Green Team
- Feb, ?, 2019 Central NJ Chapter, Climate Reality proposed presentation
- Feb 9, 2019 Sat, 12:30PM -2:45 Citizens Climate Lobby – Lincroft Chapter (CCL) monthly meeting. Edgewood House (behind Unitarian Universalist Church, 1475 West Front Street, Lincroft). Economists believe a financial incentive, such as “Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act” is essential to reduce emissions.
- Feb 10, 2019, 2:30PM UUMC “Are We Cooked? Climate Reality and Hope”, Dr. Eric Goplerud
- Feb 25, 2019, 6PM "Science Monday", Brookdale Environmental Club/Sierra Club; Jan & Lynn Dash:“Clashes Over Climate Change” !
- Mar 5, 2019 7PM "Middletown for Clean Energy"
RECENTLY COMPLETED EVENTS:
- Aug 23 Clean Energy tour of AT&T Labs
- Sept 8 Monmouth County For Clean Energy, People's Climate March & Rally;
All documents (march, rally, table script...)
- Sept 7, 14, 20, 24, 28, Oct 10 NJ BPU "Stakeholders Meetings" for the 2019 NJ "Energy Master Plan". Details at https://nj.gov/emp (includes all public comments)
- Sept 22 Middletown Day, 11AM to 5PM, Croydon Hall. table layout ; table talking points/script
- Oct 2 Sierra Club RF100 training; Food&Water Watch- achieving 100% clean energy in New Brunswick: minutes
- Jan 11, 2019 Live webinar registration "Exponential Climate Action Roadmap" 2 min Preview Video
- Middletown has a Conpressed Natural Gas station which it plans to use to fuel its fleet of 100 vehicles.
MIDDLETOWN FOR CLEAN ENERGY (RF100) MEETINGS
- June 7, 2018 Monmouth County Training
- July 2, 2018 Agenda and Minutes Middletown for Clean Energy Team Meeting
- Aug 7, 2018 Agenda and Minutes Middletown for Clean Energy Team Meeting; 7:30PM (1st Tues of each month)
(email for info: email@example.com)
- Aug 15, 2018 Agenda (including minutes) to help publicize/organize the Sept 8 People's Climate March
- Aug 19, 2018 Agenda ; Minutes publicize/organize the Sept 8 People's Climate March
- Sept 4, 2018 Agenda ; Minutes; Middletown for Clean Energy Team Meeting
- Oct 2, 2018 Agenda ; Minutes(html) ; Minutes (doc);
- Nov 15, 2018 7:30-8:30PM Agenda; Minutes
- Dec 4, 7PM to 9 PM "24 Hours of Reality Watch Party" agenda; minutes
- Feb 5, 7PM Agenda ; minutes
- Mar 5, 7PM Agenda
"READY FOR 100" DOCUMENTS:
- "Climate" (this site)
- "Electric" (electric index pdf file) - background, and instructions to switch electrical supplier to 100% renewable
- "WhatYouCanDo"; templates to write letters to publications; elected officials and your local mayor and green team leader
NJ CITIES MOVING TO CLEAN ENERGY:
EXCELLENT NYTIMES OpEd, 10/23/2017 "How to Keep the Lights On After a Hurricane
- Electric utilities need to configure residential solar systems to allow solar to be used in the event the grid goes down
- This is the principle behind "microgrids"
Previous Presentations and Meetings
GREEN TEAM INITIATIVES
- 1/23/2018 Steve discussed energy Actions with Marlboro Green Team
- Proposed Sustainable Jersey Energy Plan (8/2017 proposed revision of the Sustainable Jersey "Climate Action Plan")
- Middletown Green Team energy actions ; Amy Sarrinikolaou 10/2/17 proposal to Middletown Committee (leveraged from Elihu Dietz summer, 2017)
"Direct Install" was approved 10/10/2017 during S.Miller's discussion with Mayor Scharfenberger, Dep Mayor Stephanie Murray, and Administrator Tony Mercantante
- Presentation to Holmdel Green Team (aug 14, 2017)
- Presentation to Marlboro Green Team (Jan 23, 2018)
CLIMATE REALITY 100% CAMPAIGN "Tool Kit"
PROFILE OF MONMOUTH COUNTY TOWNS - Middletown
NETZERO GLOBAL EMISSIONS (mouse over the following GIF to observe annimation)
Assumes global emissions begin dropping in the near future
If the drop in emissions is not fast enough, the animation shows the required NEGATIVE emissions (in green) to stabalize to a desired maximum global temperature
Most of the net emissions would be high capacity carbon sequestration from the air (by a mechansm yet to be invented/perfected)